Friday, January 2, 2009

2009 Goals

So I've had several days now to really think about my New Years Resolutions. (It's still early enough to make them!) And here's what I've come up with in regards to my quilting, crafting and homemaking.

1. More Color! This was something that I've been thinking about for a long time. I talked about this several times in 2008 but I'm determined that in 2009 I'll make adding color to my life and my quilts the highest priority.

2. Be frugal. I don't really have a problem with this. Atleast I don't think so. My husband might disagree, though. I don't buy fabric that often and I usually buy it on sale. My problem is that I often buy on impulse and then my pretty fabric just gets added to my stash instead of incorporated into a great project. So in 2009 I want to buy with a purpose or at the very least not let my pretty fabric sit and collect dust for long.

3. Experiment with Etsy. I've thought about how I could get involved in etsy and want 2009 to be the year I dive in.

4. Get organized. My fabric stash is pretty neatly organized. But other than that (projects, tools, other crafts, etc) I'm a mess.

5. Get Creative with my kids. Crafting and being creative is such a great outlet for me. I want to make sure that I'm including my kids in the fun and helping them explore new ways and new mediums to be creative with (fabric, paint, yarn, etc.).

How's that for a start?

1 comment:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Great start - sounds like a good year ahead.