Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Candy Pinwheels Revealed




I've been holding off on posting any pictures of this quilt until it was completely finished. I'm glad I did because now I can present it in all its glory. I LOVE LOVE LOVE how this quilt turned out. When I was working on it, I had times where I wondered if it was really going to be anything noteworthy. I don't know why. I guess I was a little unsure how it would look with so much white and green. But I have no qualms about it now. This may even give my whirligig quilt a run for its money as my most favorite quilt. Well... this is atleast a close second.


Its my own design- worked up on that most wonderful of quilt programs, EQ6. My mom quilted it for me last week and then I put on the purple binding over the holiday weekend. I love that purple binding. And all the wrinkley goodness that happened in the dryer. Ok, I'll quit tooting my own horn here. I'm just happy about this one.

18 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love it! It turned out sooo cute. What size is it? When you come up to the quilt show are you going to bring it? I am not going to question if you are coming or not.

Julie said...

Wow! What an incredible accomplishment fix. It is cute and beautiful too. Love the purple and green together. Will you post your pattern and directions?

jacquie said...

Here's an extra TOOT! Wow, this is fabulous. Simply wonderful. It is a close second to your whirlygig.

dot said...

Great quilt. I love love love it.

Purple and Paisley said...

erica, it's just beautiful! wow...i love it! be proud! =) p.s. you know i love the purple!

Cathi said...

Wow -- it is just beautiful! I love it!

sewtakeahike said...

It's absolutely beautiful! That really is quite an accomplishment, to design AND complete a quilt! Way to go!

Abby and Stephanie said...

I'm sure your readers will TOOT their horns for you. It's gorgeous. Great job!!!

Sunny said...

Beautiful. I love it too (I also love the whirligig quilt). I think the green and white is perfectly retro. Great work....maybe your mom can quilt some of my UFO tops! LOL

Jo-Anne said...

Wonderful....Beautiful....Amazing!!

I love the colors. ;)

Cheryl said...

Just a big old WOW!!!!!!!!!! Great job to you.

CJ said...

What a great quilt! Great job :D

Nanette Merrill said...

You should be super proud of yourself. Nice nice Job!!! Love it.

Carin said...

Beautiful! I love the colors. GREAT JOB!!

Michelle said...

It's absolutely wonderful! Lots of little pieces... must have been a lot of work. Great job!!!

Brandon and Miranda said...

Wow! Man I wish we lived closer to eachother so that you can help me be a better quilter! That is amazing!!!

Quilter Kathy said...

This is a gorgeous quilt! Wow!
Great job!

Tara said...

I LOVE it, too!! So cute, E!!!