Saturday, May 17, 2008

Quilting at My Momma's

We just got back from a semi-vacation up at my mom's house last week. Hubbie's job is such that he can basically work from anywhere that has an internet connection. So he brought his laptop and plugged into the internet while me and the kids played for a week. It was a semi-vacation for me because my mom is a grandkid spoiler extraordinaire and I could let my brain think of other thoughts while they were being cuddled and loved by her.

Mom has a quilting table and medium arm quilting machine so I always like to get some quilting done when I visit. This time I got a baby quilt that I'd made the week before and a quilt for my brother's wedding (later this summer) quilted. I don't do any fancy quilting. Just meandering/stippling.

I can't post a picture of the quilt for my brother's quilt until August because I'm keeping it as a surprise for them. (Well, they know that I'm making one, but they don't know what it looks like.) But here is a picture of the baby one. I love how this turned out and am thinking I might make a twin size just like it.

The binding isn't done yet because I'm actually co-making this quilt with a friend. I think I got the better end of the deal, though. She's splitting the cost and doing the binding and I did the rest. After all, the cost is the only yucky part of making a quilt.

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love it! I hope you post the one for your brother's wedding on the group quilt site.

Jo-Anne said...

It's lovely! The colors are wonderful. Can't wait to see it with the binding.

Purple and Paisley said...

i love the baby quilt! very pretty!

Nanette Merrill said...

Erica its just darling. I do think it would make a really sweet twin quilt. Its really perfect. I had a quilt similar to it when I was a girl. Oh how I wish I knew where that quilt went to. Sigh. I can't quite remember all of it or I would recreate it. I'm going to go through old slides/pics to see if there is one in family photos showing it.

Anyway I love it.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

The quilts is beautiful. I love the little red sashing squares. They're a great countpoint to the soft blues.

Julia said...

What a cute quilt. I love the little splash of red.
How fun to go spend time at you Mom's house.

Cheryl said...

Great quilt - I have a grandbaby boy coming, think I will follow your lead. Nice to find your blog!

Nicole said...

Lovely quilt. It reminds me of a Civil War reproduction.