Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Girlie I-Spy Sqare in a Square/ Economy Block Quilt

 I started this quilt over three years ago when I was pregnant with my second daughter.  The economy block that is all the rage right now is just perfect for an I-spy type quilt.  I made all the center blocks square in a square blocks and then let it sit.  I got busy with three and then four kids and put any quilting that required much thought on the back burner.  I really love this quilt though.  I finally finished it and had it quilted this last fall. 
 
  I have a really hard time making quilts smaller than twin size.  I guess I am just too darn practical.  If a quilt can't fit on a bed and keep someone warm at night, I almost feel like its a waste of time and materials. One of the reasons why I love quilting so much is because it is both creative and practical. So when I got tired of making the economy blocks, I put it on the back burner until I could figure out how I wanted to finish it. 
 The fabrics are all scrappy.  I LOVE love LOVE scrappy quilts, but I'm getting tired of my scraps.  Sometimes I daydream about how fun it would be to use other peoples stashes/ scraps.  Well, that and having a million bucks to spend on fabric. :)
 My mom quilted this for me and did a beautiful job!  I love it.  Can you see the flowers in the center white squares?  So fun.   
The back is polka dotted- my favorite!  And the binding is scrappy pinks. 

2 comments:

Tara said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this quilt!!

Unknown said...

Your quilts are gorgeous! I love them! So glad yo have come across your blog, I'm going to enjoy looking at your creations.