Friday, May 2, 2008

Little Man Quilt




My little quilt is finished. I really started making this thinking that I'd give it away to one of two friends having a baby boy in the next few months. But I love it so much I'm gonna keep it! And I had talked about hanging it on Little Man's wall but he wouldn't hear of it. He said he wants it in his bed. So that's where it will go.


I love the colors and brightness of this quilt. And I think I especially love it because most of the fabrics came from my stash (I did add three fat quarters from the quilt store nearby) and the pattern is my own design.

11 comments:

Purple and Paisley said...

it turned out beautiful! little man is smart...quilts are made for cuddling, not hanging! =)

Elizabeth said...

Cute! I love the colors.

Eileen said...

Oh that turned out wonderful! And it will be greatly treasured for years.. of that I am sure!

sewtakeahike said...

how sweet that your little man wants to cuddle it instead of just look at it.

Jo-Anne said...

Oh, I love it! It's adorable! No wonder your little guy wants to keep it for himself.:)

Do you do your own machine quilting?


Have a wonderful day!!

Di~ said...

I love love this quilt!, and I'm not just sayin' that! I love basic, squares, dots, the colors...great quilt! And that you made it up! I visited your blog several days ago, and am glad to see that done. Do you like to do binding? I love it!

Karen said...

Your quilt is just adorable and I can see why little man would love to cuddle up with it.
Thanks so much for sharing.
Karen

Julia said...

How cute! I really like the colors. What a treasure for your little man to cuddle with!
Thanks for visiting my blog.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I love your polka dot quilt. I'm working on a polka dog quilt using a raggedy heart pattern.

Nanette Merrill said...

Erica its so darling. I love it. YOu should be very very proud.

Cami said...

Wow this turned out fantastic! love the colors on this!