Monday, September 16, 2013

Scrappy Trip Around the World

Did anyone else get all excited seeing Scrappy Trip Around the World Quilts pop up all over the net, jump on the bandwagon and then lose steam?  Anyone else out there with a whole bunch of these blocks growing dusty next to your sewing machine?  Just me?  Everyone else finished theirs like, a year ago?  hmm.... that's embarrassing.  Oh well.  It's time I finished this trip.   

I've seen so many pretty Scrappy Trip Around the World (from here on out referred to as STATW) quilts and just can't decide how I want to put it all together. 

The traditional route: 


Or this one, which I think has been the most popular lately:


A little bit different: 

 

 Or zig zags:  (This version is inspired by a quilt is nice. )



Which would you pick? 

5 comments:

Cille said...

I reqally like them too. Finished one not so scrappy recently (had a lot of Hometown fabric that was difficult to match into other quilts) but I'm kind of warming up to making a real scrappy one. I certainly have enough scraps ;)

Heartsdesire said...

The zig zag appeals to me because it is so different. But the traditional is hard to beat. Lovely blocks, and when finished, you'll have a lovely quilt.

Nanette Merrill said...

It's ok Erica. I took forever to finish mine and get them quilted (and bound). I made 2 and I love them. So better late than never.

Tara said...

I think the first one is my favorite. But they all look great! I love scrappy quilts!

Tara said...

On second look, I think I like the second one better :) Hard to decide!