Saturday, July 19, 2008

Gee, even when I'm whiney, bloggers are still nice to me! Thanks for all the nice comments on my last post! I guess I was just feeling like I had over extended myself and felt bad about not being able to complete the challenges like I said I would.

Several people told me (basically) to quit stressing about it and just enjoy the fun. And you know what? They are exactly right. I started blogging for fun so I really shouldn't get all stressed about blog related stuff. The blog is an extension of my crafting- not more important. So anyway, thanks to all you sweeties who said such nice things in response to my last post.

I do want to say that if I am ever involved in any sort of exchange where others are really counting on my participation, like the block exchange with my Utah friends in September, there would never be any question as to whether or not I would finish. I just don't want to get a blog reputation as not dependable or a quitter. Does that make sense?

Alright, enough about that. After all that whining I went and worked on my Mosaic Squares scrap challenge quilt and am thinking that maybe I will get atleast the whole top done in August. I only have one more block to go and then I'll put it all together. Soon I'll have something to show.

On another topic, I went garage sale shopping this weekend. I planned on leaving the kids with hubbie so I could go out alone but at the last minute my little buddy said he wanted to go and I thought that it might be fun to take him. So we went 'treasure hunting' togheter. He LOVED it. After a few I said, "Ok, how about one more?" And he said, "How about six more?" So I had to oblige him. And I'm glad I didn't stop early because my treasure was at the very last house we stopped at. This old rocking chair fits into my decor perfectly! I'm all about the old American country look. Worn, loved, comfy, childproof. :) And the best part? This little baby set me back a measley $5! Its just a teeny bit wobbly but for $5 I'm not complaining about anything!

3 comments:

Nanette Merrill said...

Good for you Erica. Thats the spirit. I love your blog and the things you do. They inspire me. Its good to inspire each other and thats what its about for me.

Jo-Anne said...

I'm with Nanette...I love your sweet blog, too!

I am so happy about your incredible yard sale find!! WOWEE! Lucky day for you!!

sewtakeahike said...

WOW Erica! only $5? that looks like a tendall creek rocker which is an outdoor rocking chair company. They last forever (even if left outdoors) and are wonderfully made. wonderful find!