Monday, June 21, 2010

Definitely Back in the Quilting Mood


So here's my other BIG project I've been working on lately.



This was inspired by philistine made on flickr. If you haven't checked out flickr lately- run over there right now and prepare to be inspired! Philistine made is one of my favs! I'm always impressed with her fresh color choices.

I wanted to keep my colors summery so I stuck to aquas/lighter blues, pinks, oranges, yellows/golds, grassy and lighter greens and a little brown.


This has been such a fun quilt to work on. I'm such a scrappy quilter at heart. The more fabrics in a quilt, the more fun they are to make!

I plan to have this one (the top atleast) finished in the next month before the baby comes.

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love scrappy! What cute quilt. For some reason I've just not been in a quilty mood. Maybe because there aren't any good quilt shops near me or maybe because all my quilting friends don't live close enough to sew with. I love seeing what you are doing though. It makes me think I really need to get back into it!

Paula said...

LOVE this one. What a fun pattern and fun colors!

Nanette Merrill said...

What a way to get motivated. love love this. Best way to use scraps and make something fantastic.

Tara said...

Wow! I love how it's turning out! You are way ahead of me on yours but seeing this makes me want to work on mine!

Claudia said...

It just made me smile to see your colors! Thanks for sharing