Monday, July 6, 2009

Back to Real Life

Hello! We're back from California. We made it from the Oakland/Bay Area back to Houston in 3 days with 2 kiddos in the back seat.

Would you judge me a horrible mother if I said that now I'd like to have a nice quiet vacation sans kids? 3 days (sun up til sun down) in the car with them just about drove me crazy.

Really we had a great time. Disneyland was tons of fun. The grandparents were doting. The scenery was awe inspiring.

And now I'm actually a little bit excited to get back to reality. Here's the really crazy part: I was excited to clean my house this morning. And I'm really excited to cook meals for my family this week! No more hamburgers for a while please!

And now, where did I leave my sewing machine?

I've been thinking of green and yellow. Something late summery... I can't wait!

2 comments:

Nedra said...

I feel the same way when I get home from a trip. Traveling and family vacations are wonderful, but I also love being home and my routine. " Be it ever so humble....etc.

Mom said...

Home is where my sewing machine lives! Welcome home!