Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Another quilt for my TO DO list


Maybe I'm a little slow but I just barely bought a copy of the Spring Better Homes and Gardens Quilt Sampler Magazine today at Walmart. As I stood at the checkout with my 16 month old, my 3 year old and my over flowing cart of bananas, baby wash, cheerios and various other neccessities, I decided that I'd reward myself for surviving another shopping trip with a quilt magazine. And boy am I glad I did.
I've been thinking about this block for a summer quilt block exchange that I'm participating in with some quilty girl pals from Saratoga Springs, Utah. We are all making 12 star blocks using only the Moda Prairie Paisley Fabric and then will exchange and have a beautiful bunch of blocks ready to assemble into a patriotic sampler. But I'm getting off onto a tangent. I'm not sure if this is going to be the block I use for the exchange. In fact, I don't think I am because this block has so many little pieces and I don't want to go completely crazy this summer trying to fit them all into a 12 inch block. But I AM MAKING THIS QUILT! So classy, so crisp, so fun.

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

OOOHHHHH! I may need that magazine. I love that quilt. I also noticed right off that the cover quilt is out of Prairie Paisley.

Eileen said...

A very nice reward for yourself. LOVE that star quilt, and the fabrics they used. But it definitely looks challening!

Nanette Merrill said...

I love that quilt too. Its so pretty.

Julie said...

It is beautiful! Just think, if you do decide to use it for your block exchange at least you will only have to make one! It does look challenging. But hey, bring it on!

Nicole said...

Isn't that Prairie Paisley group awesome? I got the magazine too and there must be at least three quilts in there I want to make.

jacquie said...

Ditto, this is one stunning quilt! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog so I could find yours!

~Niki~ said...

I have a new quilter's list blog if you'd like to join, we'd love to have you join us.
http://justusquilters.blogspot.com/
Quilty hugs!
niki

Kindra-At Home With K said...

I wish I knew how to quilt. It takes time, love and patience I'm sure. But the end result if priceless.

Thank you so much for entering my giveaway! Your comments mean so much.