Thursday, June 26, 2008

Aw, Shucks


I'm so honored to have been awarded this Arte y Pico Award for Blog Excellence.

Thanks so much to Joanne (from The Carter Clan). She has a wonderful blog dedicated to her family, home, thrifting and crafts. I've enjoyed reading her blog ever since I started this blog addiction of mine. She's a sweetie and leaves such nice comments on my blog. Thanks, Joanne!

So here are the Arte y Pico rules. (By the way, I'm not sure what language Arte y Pico is or exactly what it means. But it sure sounds good.)

1.You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserving of this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also contribute to the blogging community, no matter what language.

2. Each award has to have the name of the author and a link to his/her blog to be visited by everyone.

3. Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that presented her/him with the award.

4.The award winner and one who has given the prize have to show the link of "Arte y Pico" blog so everyone will know the origin of this award.

5. To show these rules.


I'm happy to pass this award along to other bloggers who are deserving of recognition! I did have a hard time limiting myself to just 5 people though! I am primarily a quilting blogger but I'm interested in home decor, thrifting, kids stuff, cooking, crafting and gardening, so I tried to pick blogs from several different interests.


1. The Sky is Pink. I've just recently found this blog but was immediately hooked. Lera has tons and tons of great ideas for recycling, crafting, sewing, thrifting, decorating.... etc! Amazingly, she is a mom of 6 kids and yet still has time and energy to do so many cool things and blog about it! I think she's a superblogger.
2. Nanette and Company from Freda's Hive. I've gushed about this favorite blog of mine before on here. So of course, I have to pass this award on to them. So much quilty fun. And knitting too. I love Nanette's taste and style and love everything she does so I'm always excited to see new posts on this blog.
3. Purple and Paisley. Here's another fun quilt related blog. This gal turns out beautiful work but best of all, she is perhaps the sweetest, friendliest blogger I've run across out here in blog land. What an absolute sweet heart.
4. The Cottage Nest. I love looking at this blog full of gardening and home decor ideas. I love all Jen's creative ideas and thoughts on enjoying the simple things in life. Beautiful blog.
5. Creative Little Daisy. Autum's blog is also full of creative ideas. She has great links to other's tutorials and then a big long list of her own tutorials. I love tutorials. She's a quilter, crafter, mom, new grandma, home decorator, garden designer and creative person extraordinaire.
So congrats, ladies, on having a Arte y Pico worthy blog! Keep it up. You make the blog world a better place. :)

6 comments:

Jo-Anne said...

Thanks for playing, Erica! Love your blog!!

Purple and Paisley said...

awww...thank you so much, erica! what a sweet thing to say about me and do for me! i will post my new award monday...thank you again, sweetie! =)

lera said...

Thank you, Erica, for the nomination. I don't know if I am worthy :-)

Nanette Merrill said...

Wow Erica, we Heart you too! Thank you so much. You've got a great list of blogs on your award list. We are honored to be with them. Again, thanks!

Autum said...

Thank you so much Erica!! You are so very kind. I'm honored that you thought of me and included me with all these fantastic ladies!

Jen Kershner said...

Thank you so much for the sweet words. I really appreciate you thinking about me.