Saturday, June 14, 2008

Summer Stash Challenge

I've signed myself up for another Summer quilt challenge. This time its the Summer Stash Challenge hosted by Eileen. Click on the link on my sidebar to read the rules. Basically we've just got to finish a quilt by sometime in August using ONLY SCRAPS. Since I'm a scrap quilter at heart I knew I had to join.

I actually heard about this fun event through Nanette's post on Freda's Hive. Her thoughts on quilting, specifically scrap quilting, are very similar to my own. Except she's much more eloquent than I am.

Since I started the Mosaic Squares quilt at the beginning of June I thought I'd do that one for the challenge. I have only used stuff from my stash and my sister's stash so far so it qualifies.

This quilt is so addicting. I think scrap quilting in general is addicting. Its so exciting to take what you already had and put it together in a new way to create something interesting and beautiful. As soon as I get one block put together I want to start another one because its so fun to play with the colors and patterns and see all the new ways they can go together. Since I'm having so much fun I've been making good progress on this quilt.

Oh, and I wanted to make sure I answered the question of how big these squares are. They are 2 inches finished.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your blocks! Beautiful fabrics from your stash, really go together well.

Eileen said...

This is REALLY looking fantastic!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I love your blocks. THis is going to be a really comforting quilt.

sewtakeahike said...

It's beautiful!!! I bet you have a hard time throwing any material scraps away just like I do! I always think, hmmm, I could maybe use that someday so I better not throw that little piece of material away!

Nanette Merrill said...

I love your mosaic quilt. Mine is one of my very favorites. Its coming along great. And welcome to the stash challenge!! Thanks for the mention, too. It will be fun to see what you do. Your work is excellent.

Elizabeth said...

Wow! Your come a long way fast! Good job! Have you started your star blocks for the swap?

Tara said...

Awesome! So you decided to put pink in too? I think it looks so great and I'm excited for mine to get as far along as yours!

Ulla said...

You have such lovely scraps! This looks very promising.

Julie said...

Georgous!!! Thanks for confirming the 2" square dimension. I can't wait to see how you will join the blocks.

Ulla said...

Have you been working on this quilt? Or is one of your other quilts also from stash? This is the last week of the summer stash challenge!