Saturday, April 26, 2008

where this is going

Here's a teeny shot of what I decided to do for the little boy quilt.

This project has been so quick. I love making baby quilts! Its so nice to be able to start and finish a project in about a week (more or less). My little boy does NOT need another quilt but I think he's going to get one. This one will probably be hung on his wall. His room has been in need of some decoration. My other decoration attempts (spelling out his name and hanging a map) have failed because he decided to 'redecorate' on his own and torn them down. Hopefully this quilt will meet his approval and he'll let me keep it on the wall. Or I'll just have to make sure its 3 year old proof and will stay put. Hopefully I can get this finished and quilted this next week and then I can post shots of it up in his room next weekend. [If I type it I'm committing myself to getting it done!]

7 comments:

Di~ said...

Oooo I'm likin' that polka dot quilt! I love polka dot fabric with a passion!

Nanette Merrill said...

Aw its darling. Who can have too many quilts? Seriously? No one! I love to make baby quilts, I probably have 25 and I don't even have any grandchildren yet!

Purple and Paisley said...

oh, i love the colors! its going to be beautiful...=)

Eileen said...

oooo... I love everything about this quilt. The pattern, the colors and the polka dots! Cute cute cute!

Elizabeth said...

So cute! And what do you mean he has too many quilts? Is that even possible?

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I love this quilt.

Julie said...

Oooh! I really like how that turned out. And you did it so quickly! I like how the colors flow from one square to the other - keeps the eye interested. Thanks for the links to the other blogs. I am thinking about the Quilt-a-Long from Crazy Mom Quilts. But already have fallend behind (hee-hee).